Friday, February 11, 2011

My Idol kanYe West...!!!...

Hello everyone. I'd like to start my BLOG, and I think its only fitting to first talk about my most favorite Hip-Hop star of all time, kanYe West. I know many people out there see him as a fool, egotistical, loud, and annoying at times, but one thing is for sure, he is very creative. I think his and a few (A FEW) others music has saved hip-hop and I'd like to tell you why. Before Yezzy (AKA kanYe) hip-hop turning into nothing but a gangster, in your face bad name. After coming out with his first record The College Dropout, it was obvious that hip-hop could be something different. You could still wear your Coogi Jeans , Tims, and fitted caps rockin' out to the latest gangster record, but Ye (AKA Kanye) offered an alternative with a brand new sound no one ever heard before. I think if not for kanYe, no one would have ever heard of Lupe Fiasco, B.O.B, Drake, and many others that have came out of the wood works so far to promote a different side of hip-hop to the masses. His use of sped up samples of oldies (but goodies) has changed hip-hop forever. Now in hip-hop, you see different types of genres within hip-hop forming as we speak, which probably would have never been attempted before the Ye, and more introspective hip-hop era.

I just can't see any of this creative, soul soothing type of hip-hop ever pleasing ears of so many if it was not for Mr. West.

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment