Friday, February 11, 2011

R&B is the music for the soul.

R&B and soul music has been around for quite some time. Have you ever heard a song, and it just relaxed every muscle in your body, closing your eyes as it takes you away into a cloud of hum...? Thats what this type of music does to me. I don't think I would be the same person today if it was not for this type of musics' soothing melodies massage my ear drums. It's not only soothing, there are times when it also speaks to you piercing your soul in the best way. When ever I get down I put on a R&B, or Soul record and let it take me to a better place, as it's almost a friend to comfort me in a bad time, or a depressing moment.

So many artists to choose from, but my favorites would have to be Kem, Kenny Lattimore, Musiq Soulchild, Anthony David, Dwele, and so many more. I'd LOVE to name them all, but thats what my other comments are to be used for. :)

"Why do I care so much about music?"
Good question I'll tell you. Because to me music is life. It's the Lavern to my Shirley, the Fred to my Wilma, the Peanut butter to my Jelly, I don't feel complete without it.

Music is good for the soul, what better to define it with a word, R&B.
I'd like to leave you with a perfect example of what this crazy music fan means, and tell me this does not take you to a different place.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment